Tuesday, March 1, 2011

To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.


The Starbucks mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
Last night we had our store meeting where we are told what new things are going to be happening within the store the next few months. From the revamping of the logo to make it to be known for more than coffee, to the new sweets we're selling, the community service we are participating in, and the special coffee we will be serving. I loved how we have these meetings to become familiar with our products so when we talk about them, we really know what we're talking about (btw, the new lemon bar tastes like heaven). I feel honored that I'm a Starbucks barista and have a chance to work with the people I work with and to serve those in our community.
I really loved the ideas for the community service projects we're participating in. There's the canoe trip to clean up the river and the one I'm really excited about which is the Mommy's Light run/walk in Lionville.
This company definitely takes to heart their mission and I love that.
I know this post was a little crazy/everywhere/no point but I really wanted to share how great this company is and the things we will be doing the next couple weeks.
PSA: Starting 3/8 until supply lasts, Starbucks will be having a buy a drink and try a new sweet treat for free from 2-5 everyday. I definitely recommend the lemon bar, caramel macchiato bar, whoopie pie, and mini cupcakes. We are also selling the Tribute blend which are 4 coffees in one. If you like Kenya or Sumatra, you'll like Tribute. It's nutty, fruity, earthy. Bold and acidic. Definitely a fav with the baristas. Also coming out soon is the Kona coffee which is being sold a 1/2 pound but worth every penny. It's 100% Kona beans not the measly 30% that WAWA uses :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger