Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Something Better Than This

Everyday I wake up, get dressed, and go to a job that I loathe. It's not necessarily the job it's self that I don't like. I actually like that part. It's the people. There are only a select few that I like working with....3 to be exact in a 7 person office space. Everyone knows everything (because people spy and listen in on conversations), praising some one's work is non-existent, belittling someone is the norm, and hygiene is just not thought of. Of course the people I have problems with are the managers so bringing my concerns up with them gets me know where. I am told I am disrespectful or ungrateful when I voice my opinions/stand up for myself. They live/work in this little box and have no idea what they outside world is like. Their bigoted mindset and/or basically their way of life is so trying that I have come to the point of complete and utter exhaustion and I just don't give a crap anymore. How can a person work in such an environment. Not to mention to be paid so little for a job others in the this area are getting paid twice, if not 3 times as much. But I'm taking my work here as a learning experience, a stepping stone to what I hope is something better. Hopefully the experience I'm gaining from this will help me find a job where the company values it's employees, listens to ideas, and basically is a place I would be proud of saying I work for. One day this will happen, I believe it will. I can almost see that light at the end of the tunnel. But until then, I'm stuck in this small office with a cloud over my head waiting for my day to finally come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger